Casual Pool Attendant
Join one of Sydney's most versatile and trusted portfolio of Sports Venues as Pool Attendant at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre. We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic individual who is versatile and flexible.
We are offering up to 20 people who currently hold a valid Royal Lifesaving NSW Pool Lifeguard Licence the opportunity to work as a Pool Attendant (casual) at the Aquatic Centre.
Casual Rate $28.11 per hour + super + weekend penalty rates
Primary purpose of the role
The Pool Attendant is responsible for proactive supervision of all aquatic areas ensuring patron safety and first aid, emergency incident response procedures and efficient operation of the Aquatic Centre.
- Perform day-to-day operational requirements to ensure the Centre exhibits the highest standards of operations and pool safety.
- Monitor and manage the facilities and provide regular reports to the Pool Supervisors.
- Respond to incidents requiring first aid treatment and complete paperwork where necessary.
- Ensure a positive relationship in all customer interactions whilst maintaining a professional and friendly manner to maximise customer satisfaction and retention.
- Liaise with other work areas and venues to provide and seek information relative to daily operations of the Aquatic Centre.
- Provide assistance to patrons with regard to access and directions for use of the Aquatic Centre and scheduled bookings and events.
- Ensuring that regular and proper maintenance of assets and facilities is carried out and maintaining sanitation and cleanliness of the Aquatic Centre to required standards.
- Managing conflict situations where patron behaviour is contrary to the Aquatic Centre’s conditions of use or entry requirements.
- Managing risk and safety of patrons, clients and tenants in a public venue.
- Pool Lifeguard Qualifications recognised in NSW*
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate*
- Current Working With Children Check
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption
*Qualifications can be obtained through Royal Lifesaving. You may be eligible for fee free courses under the current NSW Government initiatives. Check the Royal Lifesaving NSW website for more detail.
Funded Training Book a Course
- All prerequisite qualifications must be maintained by the applicant on an ongoing basis.
- This is a casual position that requires shift work, out of hours and weekend work essential only flexible applicants will be considered.
- The successful applicant will need to provide the Sydney Olympic Park Authority with a Working With Children Check Number or make a Working With Children Check application, either online or via phone, through the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian. An Application Fee of $80 applies. More information on the Working with Children Check is available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply (supporting documentation required).
- Non-Australian citizens must hold and continue to hold the necessary visa and work permits appropriate to the employment (supporting documentation required).
How to Apply
Applicants should include the following:
- A resume detailing your qualifications, work history and role suitability
- Qualifications relevant to the role (e.g. Pool Lifeguard Certificate, First Aid Certificate with CPR, and Working with Children Check)
Assistant Operations Manager, Joachim Bardrum
Email applications - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call: (02) 9714 7544
Download job description