Venue Hire – Sporting Competitions
Update: Wednesday 15 July 2020
Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre has a COVID-19 Safety Plan which is reviewed regularly to manage risks and maintain consistency with changing NSW Government Orders and related exemption orders. This document is an overview for Athletic Centre sporting competitions.
- Staff and students who are displaying any COVID related symptoms are not to enter the venue
- No client access prior to 8am. Venue staff will be rostered with enough time to complete full setup prior to 8am.
- All athletic equipment available at the start of the day, however venue staff will not assist with setup and removal of hurdles or other equipment throughout the event.
- Both VIP room 1 and 2 will be available to every event for teacher breakouts, 10 per room capacity to be adhered to for adults.
- Warm Up Arena events - First aid to be operated from either the demountable or a marquee at the finish line. The office will remain for venue staff only.
- No access to workshop with exception of ANSW tech manager.
- Restricted access to Level 1 Competition Arena:
- Students and teachers may access post event area and first aid room only, no hallway access. Bathrooms on concourse and VIP rooms to be utilised.
- Officials permitted entry to the Grand Prix room and Officials Changerooms for isolated breakout area.
- Reception area and Main changerooms restricted to Venue staff and on site tenants.
- Parking validation to be completed by Venue staff outside the reception doors on the arena.
- Schools must keep a list of all staff and students who attend the Athletic Centre and produce the list if requested
- Provide hand sanitiser and ensure its use at the entrance for all staff and students entering the venue as well as for all field events
- Ensure students maintain distance from Venue staff, tenants and ANSW Officials
- Ensure the Athletics NSW COVID Safe Requirements for School Carnivals is adhered too
- Adhere to all DET guidelines